6 things to consider before hiring a Shopify expert (A Complete 2021 Guide)
Do you want to hire the best Shopify expert to build your store and you’re wondering the best way to go about it?
This article is for you.
In this article, you’d learn step-by-step:
- How to find the best Shopify agency/expert,
- How to interview and hire the best Shopify agency/expert for your Shopify Store that will give you value for your money, save you time and give you the freedom to focus on marketing, sales, and expansion.
Let’s dive in.
Did you know that we also provide consulting services?
How do you set yourself up to hire the perfect Shopify expert and ensure your project is in the best hands? Before setting out to search for Shopify agencies to hire, you need to put two critical things in place.
- Your budget
- Your project requirement
- Shopify expert directory
- Online marketplaces
- Testimonials: they should have numerous positive reviews from happy customers. If you can, reach out to the clients giving the testimonials to gather more information.
- Expertise in your industry: go for agencies that have registered authority in your industry. For example, as a fashion brand, hiring a Shopify agency in the fashion brand is the best move since they already have expertise in that industry.
- Portfolio: your candidates must have a list of completed and live projects you can check out. When checking out projects, check for mobile-friendliness, speed, and compliance with international laws.
- Experts in migration: especially if you’re trying to migrate from one eCommerce platform to another. You’d need a Shopify agency that understands the nuances of migration and how to overcome all the hurdles that it presents.
- Shopify Plus experts: as your business grows, you may want to go big with Shopify Plus. So starting off with a Shopify agency that has experience in Shopify Plus is a great way to ensure you don’t scramble for a new Shopify agency to work with once you want to upgrade.
- What’s your experience in e-commerce development projects?
- What software do you generally use to set up an eCommerce store?
- Will there be a mobile website for my store?
- Do you have expertise with international laws and standards?
- How would you make my store different?
- Do you offer site maintenance and will this factor into your pricing?
- What is your pricing?
- Encourage and enable communication: ensure you and your Shopify expert are in constant communication. Stay updated with work progress and provide all that is needed.
- Payment: decide on a mutual payment plan. A very good one is a milestone payment basis. Ensure work is satisfactorily done before you release the payment.
- Encourage your Shopify agency to take the lead and be creative. This will help tap into their expertise and free up enough time for you.
Chen is the Shopify expert with 7 years of experience in Shopify Development, brand design, website migration and conversion rate optimization. His brand designs participated in multiple competitions, and all the stores he built generated over $24.000.000 in sales. He’s passionate about building big eCommerce brands from scratch.